Greek Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
Click here to return to the Rice, Grains, Beans And Stuffing-Rice page
Recipe used with permission by the USA Rice Federation. For more information about rice, visit www.usarice.com.
- 8 large tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Remove tops of tomatoes and scoop out insides; drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, cheese, parsley and salt. Place equal amounts of rice mixture into tomatoes, drizzle with oil and place in baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.