Sweet Potato Pie
Click here to return to the Pies-Custard And Meringue page
- 2 1/4 c. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. packaged French vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 c. evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Spread evenly into the unbaked pie shell. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 4 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.